Tim Tams & Tid Bits from Down Under

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wednesday match

Hey guys! I have some to spend on the computers so I thought I would give somemore info about my days here.
Today we met to find about about family/base chores. We all work together M-F from 8-8:30 to keep the base and surrounding living units clean. My assignment for the next two weeks is 228, which is a dorm just down the street housing students here for the general October DTS.

Our school, Sports DTS, met at our classroom at 8:30 to 9:15 for worship. Then we had morning tea, which consists of tea and a muffin or roll. At 9:30 we met in the main lecture class room for our first session of teaching. Peter Brownhill, our base director, spoke on this first topic, the Nature and Character of God. He will lecture two or three more times on this topic this week. I'm soaking in the content, it's so rich, deep, and moving. I wish I could share all of my notes with you so you could understand what I mean! We broke for lunch at 12:30. Today my school met at the park down the street for a game of soccer at 1:30. It was so much fun and I did better than I thought I would! Usually we will do work duties from 1:30 to 3:30, but we don't have those assignments yet. I signed up to work at the coffee shop the base runs downtown, CAIO (pronounced kie oh), or working in the yards and gardens on the base grounds.

Now I'm back at base. Just put in a load of wash. Will walk to the office supply store to get the proper notebook for my weekly assignments, C.I.R.s (creative intergration record). It's an in depth reflection on the weeks teaching and how it impacts or moves us. It is due every Sunday night at dinner time. Yes, that's right, I have homework again! And we have three books to read in the next three months along with reports at the end. Go ahead and laugh! I will say the book topics are great and I'm really excited to get this knowledge deep down inside of me!

Dinner is in 1 1/2 hours so I need to get moving. No class, lecture, street evangilism (thursday nights) or meeting (friday night meeting) so I'll be relaxing and working on my C.I.R.

I do plan to write you back individually to those who emailed me. I'll maybe be able to start on that tonight. Thanks for the updates. Laura

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Well then, lets put another shrimp on the bar b..."
"Lets not."

9:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hiya. Found your blog thru technorati, a blog browser site... searching for YWAM Perth, I'm heading over there in January to do the YPDTS. Actually, I think I know one of your speakers on your DTS, I'm not sure if he's still coming or not, its on the calendar at least... :)

But hey. I'll check in and see how its all going for you!

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are getting settled in and that you are meeting some new friends.Send me your address and contact information so that I can send you a letter and some photos from our recent family vaction. Love ya -steph and family

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home