Tim Tams & Tid Bits from Down Under

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Four weeks complete!

I knew time would fly, but I amazed to say that I have already been here four weeks.

Life on base is good. I'm very busy during the week. Our schedules are packed from 6 am to about 9 pm everyday except Wednesdays. And that night we are supposed to use as a study night! Hopefully this explains why I am slow to write people back. Today, Sunday is very mellow for me now that I have finished all my work that is due tonight. I'm headed to a coffee shop with some gals to have more relaxing time.

Last week we had teaching on evangleism with Ross Tooley who has been a missionary for 41 years. He is originally from New Zealand, but has lived all over the world with his wife and four sons. Ross was a great teacher and told the best stories that really drove home his points. I bought one of his books, We Cannot but Tell, which I highly recommend.

This week I will be recieving teaching on lordship, which is looking at what you place as your highest priorities in life. I'll tell you more as I learn more. Our teacher will Colleen Noblet, who was one of the first staff members here at YWAM Perth 21 years ago. She came over from Sydney with Pete and Shirley Brownhill, the founders, to help start the base. Colleen spoke at the first friday night meeting I was here for and I really admired her heart and passion for knowing God more.

We've been playing a lot of volleyball and I coming to really like the game. I go down mountains on my bike and am not scared, but that little white ball scared me!!! It hurst when it hits your arms!! But now I'm learning the right way to hit, set, serve, all that jazz and I'm really having fun with the game.

Time to head out for a cup of joe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home