Tim Tams & Tid Bits from Down Under

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Looking back and random thoughts

I'm looking back at the last 6 weeks of my life...never before have I had so many cold showers and slept in a sleeping bag for this long. I have not blow dryed or curled my hair for six weeks and make up gets put on half the time. My hair dryer died in Australia. Some of these clothes are going to stay here in Thailand, they just don't get throuoghly clean here and after all this sweat and dirty cities, they are done!

Today I worked with the childrens ministry at a church in Chonburi. I had the cutest little 6 year old girl stuck to me all day. She was really smart, funny, cute and spoke a little bit of English. I loved having her there and made the day so fun!

Yesterday, we went to a slum area and visited a family, some of the adults are sick with AIDS. I got to hold a 6 month old little girl and pray over her as I held her. She was so sweet. Most poor kids in Thailand don't wear diapers or underwear. I'm happy to report the baby peed on Miriam, not me!! About 15 neighbor kids showed up to hang out with us. We sang songs, shared the story of Jesus with them, and made bead bracelets. This is probably the biggest thing that has happened to them in a long time and it is such a good feeling to bring this light into their day. There were four adult women at this house and Miraim and El spent time talking with them, with the help of a translator. All four women were really excited to hear about Jesus and all asked him into their hearts. This is the first Christian family in that area/neighborhood. Our host, Louise, said we planted a church!! How cool is that!

Chonburi brings us back into a city. Ubon was nice because it was in the mountains of Thailand. much cooler weather and beauty everywhere. Chonburi is hot, loud, busy and humid. But the people are amazing and our team is going full force until the last second here. God is using us to pour out his love, what an honor!

Please check out my friend Simon's blog. He posts pictures and writes about our adventures...you will enjoy it! http://www.cheology.blogspot.com/

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura! I read your info and the ch-eology one. Interesting! I've never left a comment before...I'm praying for you. Will you come home soon or stay longer? Do you need some new clothes? I read that you had to leave some behind!? Love you...Sheri, Scott, Eli, Olivia & Noah

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Laura
It's me palm..i miss you so much!
i'm glad to hear about what's going on in thailand after u leave from bangkok..
i remember all the time we spend together.it'd be nice if you all are here in thailand bkk.
laura, i 'll graduate in this semester!!! and how about you?are you alright?i.....forgot it!
may god bless you all the time.can you send me your e-mail and tell me what time do you often online in msn? i'll waiting for you..
big hug,marie palm raven

4:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! laura .
how is it goin'?it's good to hear from you that thailand is awesome.
And some kind of food here...hope that u like it...
don't forget that i never forget you...may god bless
love.marie palm
Bkk. Thailand siam bkk. church

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home