Tim Tams & Tid Bits from Down Under

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It has been awhile!

Hey loved ones! I am now home from eight months on the mission field, eight months that I am thankful for and would not change for anything. After my six month DTS, I headed to Toledo, Ohio with Team Xtreme for a six week tour. I went and the team leader's personal assistant. It was an awesome time. We saw many lives touched and changed by learning the love of our Heavenly Father. I am so thankful that God used little old me to make a difference and share His love. I learned a lot from our team intercessors and made some amazing friends along the way.
Upon returning home, I waited on God to light the next path He wanted me to persue. After just a short time here is the deal. I see architecture being a way I want to change the world, doing projects like orphanages, health clinics, schools, and churches for ministries across the world. There is a ministry I want to get involved with called Engineering Ministries International that does this very thing. I learned that you have to apply to be chosen to go on their missions trips as the architect and through prayer decided that I needed to get experience with those types of projects. This means persuing an architecture job doing health care, education and civic projects as opposed to the housing I was doing before. Then the question layed of where to live for this job. This is followed by a phone call from my friend, Cambria, who is moving down to San Diego, California to get her masters degree in nursing. Awesome! I have wanted to go to San Diego for some time now, and I have a friend to do it with. God is so good to me and I'm so excited!
I'm now ready with an updated resume and impressive cover letter to send out to about 12 firms I have found interest in. I'm about to start putting together a portfolio that I will use in the interviews and am hoping to head down in the beginning of July to interview. Cambria's program starts at the end of August, so we are looking to move down at the end of July, although I may go a little sooner than that depending on my job situation. Did I mention I am really excited about this! God is sending me to a beautiful city, with mountains close for mountain biking and the ocean close for surfing. And it is in California, so that makes my family very happy!
Thanks for your continued love and support guys. I am so lucky to have you in my life. Laura

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home